MOBILIZE COMMUNITIES…to identify pressing community needs, agree on priorities, create partnerships, develop change strategies and activate needed resources.
CREATE LASTING CHANGES IN COMMUNITY CONDITIONS…that improves peoples’ lives in sustainable ways and betters communities and outcomes for large groups and populations.
IMPROVE LIVES…population-level, systems change.
- Is not just about improving lives of clients of United Way-funded programs;
- Is about improving lives of people affected by pressing community issues;
- Is not just about influencing the health and human service sector;
- Is about influencing whatever sectors, systems, networks, groups or environments can play a role ;in improving lives in our communities;
- Is not just the job of certain United Way functions (e.g., fund distribution, community building);
Is the business of the entire organization.